Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Bihari Babu, English Mem

Venky and our little next door neighbor Keya, meet after a long time (first Keya went on a long vacation to USA and then we did to Ranchi). They jump around excitedly visibly happy to see each other. I try to make conversation with Keya and ask  her "Where's your Baba Keya?"
Keya chooses to answer to Venky. She goes to him and says in a very accented English - "My Baba has gone to U.S". (Oh, I wish I could let you hear the accent. It was so cute!!).
My son, amused at her new found language skills laughs out loud and replies - "Humka Papa office gayen hain!"

Sigh. The way those  two sentences were spoken was a delight to hear. The post misses the impact. :(

5 comments:

Trish said...

LOL!! LOL!!
No No not lost completely..
I can totally imagine the conversation!

SS said...

@Trish - Am glad it did not. The real scene was sooooo hilarious!

Lady J said...

am new to this blogsphere... but have read ur read for some time now... this is really hilarous.. i can really relate to it cos the bihari accent can be truely humourous sometimes..
Are u originally from Ranchi??? I was born and brought up in Ranchi as well.. it cool to meet a fellow blogger from Ranchi :) ..

SS said...

Hi J, Thanks for delurking :) Ranchi is my Sasuraal. But am a Bihari alright - born and brought up near Patna. Its only when my son speaks what we speak, we realize how much Bihari accent we have! :)

Anonymous said...

very cute to imagine..the impacts not lost :)