Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday 7 October 2009

Back

And the two weeks flew by. Came back to office with a pile of workload and a bad habit of napping in the afternoon. I am sitting in the office craving for a bed right now.

I had really forgotten what a big festival Durga puja is in Bihar. With "pandals" at every half a kilometer, conitunous bhajans on loudspeakers, decorative lights on virtually all streets and food stalls on side walks, 80%+20% discounts and crowd, crowd, crowd everywhere. Its been over a decade since I witnessed such festivity and how I loved it! I also took Rikshaw rides after ages. And the best thing about visiting sasuraal is that hubby and I can sneak out shopping and visiting relatives, leaving Venky with his grandparents. Heh heh.

Venky knows the story of Durgaji and Mahishasur now and listens to it during every meal. Sometimes we have to play act with either me or his dad playing the Mahishasur, the other playing Durgaji and Venky playing Durgaji's Lion.

Venky made friends with all the new faces, learnt to do "pranam" as against "hi" and returned with lots of new clothes. We were worried that he will refuse to go to the school after such a long vacation, but my smart kid happily waved goodbye.

I better get back to work now. How have you guys been?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to have u back suvi..lol@ u guys playing act..it was funny to imagine :)


a lot has been happening in my life..updates shortly. ciao!

SS said...

Hi BM, its good to be back too. Lots of stuff to catch up on!