Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday 2 July 2009

My first tag (a stolen one)

Nobody tagged me, I picked this up from PS cause I really wanted to do this tag. Sigh! I am an obsessed mother after all. So, here are 5 reasons why I love being a mom

1. When I come back from work, Venky is so excited to see me. He runs to me and hugs me tight. I don't think I can remember anybody else being so happy to see me ever. With Venky, it is everyday!

2. Motherhood has made me an emotional and sensitive person. People who know me from my "young" days remember me as an unemotional, pragmatic, self centered person. I have cried more number of times after becoming a mother than I did ever before.

3. Life is never boring now. There is always something to do, to take care of. With Venky around we are never short on laughs - he keeps doing / saying these adorable, cute, funny things all the time

4.On weekends, Venky wakes up first. I get to open my eyes to his soft sound and smiling face. He crawls into my arms and blissfully sucks his thumb for sometime. Oh, I love lazing on a weekend morning with a cuddly baby. It just makes the whole weekend perfect

5. I have made a new circle of friends. I was (am) such an introvert and asocial person. I really find it hard to make conversations to unknown people. With Venky's arrival, my social circle has exploded. Now I easily talk to other parents and get invited to their kids' birthdays.

Damn! 5 points are over already. But you know, I could go on and on and on.... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with that life is never boring. There is always something to do.

SS said...

Hi Sarikh. Glad to see you here. Actually, there's always lots to do :)

Pipette's Mimi said...

Oh the joys of motherhood :) Nice Read :)

SS said...

Hi Pip's Mimi. Yeah, the joys cannot be contained in 5 points