Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday 28 May 2010

First Reactions

May 23, 2010. I am in labor. Everyone is in the hospital. Venky is at home with the nanny.

12.18 pm. The little one arrives. Grandpa calls up at home to let Venky know.

Grandpa - "Venky, you have a little sister!"

Venky - "Haila! Now who will play cricket with me!?!"

Venky later asked me when his brother was going to come. Fresh from the memory of labor I folded my hands and asked him to spare me.

4 comments:

sraikh said...

Congrats!!! We need a name for baby sister....:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats... You all will love it when lil(?) Venky will take care of his baby sister. He will forget not having a cricket companion and be a caring dotting BIG bro!

Anonymous said...

woooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

congratulations!!! im sure shes gonna be a pretty girl like her mom!!

super duper congrats! very happy for u!!

SS said...

@Sraikh - Thanks. Your posts were an inspiration for having another kid :) Still fighting over names :)

@Anon - He is already playing a caring big bro :)

@BM - Thanks. And special thanks for calling me pretty. That's hardly the way I feel right now :)