Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday 17 June 2009

From a material mom's heart

The 3 week vacation in Switzerland did wonders. It was truly a bonding time - for Venky, us, and his dada, dadi. We have surely returned as a much happier family. It taught us that love and nuturing can really do wonders to a child. Venky had become such a good kid! No fuss over food. Taking all instructions. Listening to us and giving us his little hugs and kisses. He sat through the 8 hour flight without any tantrums. Everybody, from flight attendants to co passengers were all praises for him. I was such a proud mom :)


And a very guilty one too. Just being in our constant company made him behave so well. Just before we left for vacation he was so difficult with food and such a stubborn kid. I have to believe that the change in his behaviour was due to all the love and attention he was getting from us and his grandparents. We are now back in office and soon his grandparents will leave too :-( I wonder if that will change his personality in a negetive direction again. The mom in me wants to quit her job and stay home with him ... the woman in me does not. So, the quintessential conflict continues ....






Venky starts his pre school now. 9 am - 12 pm. With that and the afternoon nap, I believe (or should I say, I want to believe) that he will not spend too much time at home without us. I desparately want Venky to enjoy his school. That will take some guilt off me. But if he regresses, I guess I should be ready to make some hard decisions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can not leave your job - OK?

SS said...

Why?

Anonymous said...

'cause if you do, how will you go to switzerland? ;)

SS said...

:D Husband will have to earn more.

Anonymous said...

desi! Sab husband karega eh?

SS said...

Yeah! Pati kamaye, biwi udaye :D