Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday 28 April 2009

10 Seconds of paradise

It lasted only 10 seconds, but it will easily classify as the most wonderful moment of my life. Vibhu had taken off since he was not too well and stayed home with Venky. I came home at little later than usual and was informed by the nanny that both father and son were oversleeping their afternoon nap. I tried to quitely tiptoe into their room, but Venky woke up. He took a huge 'angdayee', flashed his widest smile and threw his arms wide open. As I went into his little arms, he kissed me and said "I love you". Such a dream come true! Now I know why everyone has kids! I just wanted to hold him and stay like that, but Venky was soon restless and wriggled out of my hold.

I was smiling all through the evening. Vibhu was having a tough time handling his envy. "This is not fair", he kept saying, "I was the one who stayed home with him".

As goes the old adage... Everything is fair in love and war :)

3 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Not sure what an 'angdayee' is but oh yes--i can imagine the scene!
Of course this is precisely why people have kids :) And Nature made babies so cute, so that their moms wouldn't throw them out in the middle of the night ;-) hee hee
This post brought a smile to my face
Cheers
preeti

SS said...

Hey PS. Long time :) Well.. I don't even know the proper english word for "angdayee" ... its the whole body stretch (usually done after you wake up from a long sleep). Bollywood women actors do that in chiffon sarees to look sexy :)
I've been trying to get Venky to repeat those 10 secs .. but I guess it was a one time thing. I'll just have to relish in memories

Unknown said...

my poor Bhaiya...:P