Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday 16 March 2009

The Pampered Parent



Yesterday, as we were preparing for bed, I slipped and fell. I had a laptop in one hand. So, intinctively I tried to save it, so I landed flat on my back. While I was gathering my senses, Vibhu shouted and asked if I was alright. Venky, who was playing nearby, also ran to me. I lay still for sometime to figure out if I was hurt and decided that everything was ok.


By the time I sat up, Venky had pulled a long face and was about to cry. He immideately pulled me into a tight hug. He looked very upset and on the verge of tears. I had to reassure him for a long time that I was fine. He just clung to me all the while.


Later in the bed, Venky put the pillow on his lap and asked me to sleep there. He then stroked my hair and cheeks as if patting me to sleep. He had noticed Vibhu checking my back to see if I was bruised. Venky checked my back too as asked "yahan pe chot laga (are you hurt here) ?". When I said "yes", he rubbed it and blew on it. Then he insisted on giving me gripe water and made me have some :D


Needless to say, I was enjoying all the attention. I have to confess that I pretended to be more hurt and bruised than I was (actually I was not hurt at all). After giving me the gripe water, Venky asked "theek ho gaya (is it alright now)?". I answered in affirmative but I guess Venky was not too convinced. To pep me up he said "Tum sundar ladki ho (you are beautiful), I love you." Whoever taught him that!!! Venky is still 1 month away from being 2 and most of the kids are not even able to frame sentences by this age. Such lovely sentences coming from him! I was ecstatic.


Venky followed it up by telling me the stories that I tell him in broken sentences. In fact I fell asleep before he did. Yesterday, I was a thoroughly pampered parent. I wouldn't mind a few such falls every now and then! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would blog it.